Friday, May 11, 2012

You want to raise my what????

On April 27th Danis wrote a blog titled “Doubling the Interest” which discusses a debate about raising the interest that is being charged on student loans. I have to admit I was not aware that this was a pressing issue and I am thankful that Obama and Romney are against this. I feel as if both the interest rate and the increase of tuition are a problem for the student. In my opinion it does not affect the student alone, it also affects the parents of the students who assist in paying tuition for the student. With the cost of education already at an increase, adding an increase to the interest rate could possibly lead to fewer individuals pursing an education.  If fewer individuals pursue an education where does it leave their future and our countries future? We will have less people educated and these people could potentially run our country which causes me to be a little worrisome.

No comments:

Post a Comment