Thursday, April 12, 2012

Texas abortion Law

On March 30, 2012 Maria Jaramillo wrote titled “New Texas Law on Abortion” which mentions the new Texas law regarding abortion. The new law requires that before a woman can get an abortion, the institution providing the abortion is to show the mother an ultrasound of the fetus. I do not feel as if this law is going to create anymore of an awareness then literature will. I do feel as if women should be educated about what is going on with their body and fetus before they get an abortion but I feel as if there are other ways to go about doing so. Another reason I disagree with this law is because some women who are getting an abortion have viable reasons as to why they are doing so. What if the woman was raped? Do you think she would really want to have to see a constant reminder of what happened to her? What about women who have complications with their pregnancy and have to abort in order to save their lives? How is the government going to determine who HAS to have at least 2 ultrasounds? I am all for educating women before an abortion but I feel it is not called for in all situations. I am not sure how one would determine who should or should not be educated but this law should have considered all women and all circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment